Monday, August 21, 2006

My what large buoys you have, Mom.

I was trying to rock my child to sleep at bedtime last night and he looks up at me and grins, and points at my nose and says 'nose'...I said "Yes, that's Mom's nose." He then points at my eyes...cheeks...chin...eyebrows...ears...and my chest. Then he points at my boob. I say "breast" and he gives me this weird look. So I said "that's Mom's boobie."

I thought my kid was going to choke he laughed so hard. Is this the real reason boys giggle when they hear the word 'boobies'? Not because it's a forbidden part of our anatomy, but simply because it's a funny word?

He pointed again, and again, and again, and again...wanting me to say boobie, and each time laughing harder and harder until no noise was coming from him but some strange clicking where a laugh should have been..and lots of drool.

So I say "OK...enough boobies. It's time for sleep." To which he responds with another poke at my boob. I say nothing. He giggles and pokes me again...and again...and again...then poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke....I grab his hand and say "Son....WHAT are you doing?"

He points at my boob and says "Boo-weeeeeeee!"

Did my kid just call my boob a BUOY?

I guess he's not entirely wrong...they do make excellent flotation devices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home